Monday, October 27, 2008

Players To Watch

Danny Granger, F, Indiana Pacers
I've been following this kid and watching him since college, he slipped in the draft because of his knee, but that's not holding him back now, he's a great athlete, can shoot it from anywhere from the floor, shooting 40% from the arc last year (I believe), he can drive it on you, can fill out the stat sheet, he should become an all-star, and with TJ Ford running the point and O'Brien wanting them to run-n-gun, he should have a break out year.


Amare Stoudemire, F/C, Phoenix Suns
Here's a fun guy to watch, one of my favorite players (other being Joe Johnson), IMO the best offensive big man in the game, and since the acquisition of Shaq, his overall average went up, should have a great year, and become a starting all star this year.





Devin Harris, G, New Jersey Nets
Lets get to know Devin Harris. I don't know much, but from what I do know, and remember, was that him being a really good on-ball defender. And then when he got traded to NJ and I got the chance to watch him, I remember him being very inconsistent but fast, really fast. Having a really quick first step, blowing by you to get to the rack, or when he gets the ball and brings it up the court to stop and shoot the tray. Him playing under a system like Franks, where he lets the PG loose, will really help him this year to learn to become a leader on a team and a better player. He is fun to watch to watch though, young, quick guard, who will drive it in between 2 players and get to the rack or just bring the ball up quickly and just stop and shoot the long 3. I don't know where I'll put him as a top player , but I do know him playing on a team like NJ, they're going to need him to score because they really don't have anybody else outside of Vince Carter, I'm expecting 19 and 6 numbers, and an All-Star appearance for him next year
.

Andre Igoudala, G/F, Philadelphia 76ers

So when is this guy going to emerge into a superstar? He reminds me of a vintage Vince Carter, or a 'Baby LeBron James', he has all the tools, he
's a triple threat player, but the lack of his consistent jump shot is really holding him back from becoming 'Next', maybe with Elton Brand being there, it'll help him(?) Maybe. Either way he's a fun guy to watch, from his flashy passes, to his flashy dunks, I'm just waiting on to see when he's going to break out to a 25/7/7 player, and then the bandwagonning of "Igoudala is my favorite player" comes.


Deron Williams, G, Utah Jazz
Here's a guy that's over shadowed I'll say, with the great of a year that Chris Paul had, it seems to me everyone forgot about Deron, this guy was in the WCF (Western Conference Finals) just 2 years ago. I think coming into this season he'll feel like he has something to prove to the world and will break out to a greater year
.






Dwight Howard, F/C, Orlando Magic
Dwight improved his post game and freethrow from last season, and can even make 10 foot jumper (judging from preseason), and the Olympic Experience did wonders for Howard's swagger, expecting him to have a big year.











Other players to watch: Rudy Gay, Marvin Williams, Randy Foye, Al Horford, Greg Oden, Jose Calderon.

No comments: